Located south of Owen Sound in what is now the township of Chatsworth, Desboro has a newly refurbished arena and two full-sized baseball diamonds complete with bleachers and a snack bar. There is also the Desboro Tavern, one of the few remaining rural taverns Ontario. Additionally there are two feedmills. Saugeen Specialty Grains/Grass Roots Organics recently opened in Desboro and has a great store with many local products for sale.
- Multilingual Archive - additional historical and current information
- The community's fIrst building was Brown's School House, a log building erected in 1856
- The place was known as Brown's Corners and later as Donnybrook. When the post office opened in 1869 it was named Desboro after Desborough in Northamptonshire, England
- Every year on Labour Day weekend, Desboro hosts an annual Agricultural Fall Fair