The geographic feature that lent its name and also sparked the economy, is located on Highway 6 in Keppel Township on the way from Owen Sound to Sauble Beach or to Tobermory.
- First settled in 1862, the Village was Incorporated in 1911
- Recent growth in subdivisions as residents can commute to Owen Sound
Community Facilities and Points of Interest
- Community Centre with Arena and meeting rooms
- Community Park
- Georgian Bay Regional Pork Barbecuing Championships August