Frequently Asked Questions

You have questions, we have answers!


We've mapped locations where you can snowshoe, cross-country ski, toboggan, ice skate and even fat bike this winter here.  View our Winter Activity Map.


Yes, all the waterfalls that we promote are publicly accessible.  They are however, located on property owned by different owners and some are closed during the winter.

  • Hoggs Falls is on Provincial Crown Land and is open to the public, all year long. 
  • Grey Sauble Conservation Authority owns the land where Jones Falls, Indian Falls, Inglis Falls and Eugenia Falls are located.  They are all open to the public, however they can be closed at times for trail maintenance or safety concerns.  Eugenia Falls and Indian Falls are closed during the winter.
  • Weaver's Creek Falls is located within the City of Owen Sound's Harrison Park. It is open year round, and accessible through the park's main entrance.
  • McGowan Falls is located on Saugeen Valley Conservation Authority property and is open all year long.
  • Holstein Dam is located in Jubilee Park, owned & maintained by the Municipality of Southgate. It is open all year long, however there is no snow removal within the park during the winter.  Walking access only.
  • Walter's Falls is located on private property owned by the Falls Inn and is currently CLOSED. Due to Covid19 restrictions, they have had to close public access to the falls in order to maintain physical distancing and capacity numbers on their property.


Grey County owns and maintains the former CP Rail Trail between Owen Sound to Dundalk. The surface is stone dust from Owen Sound to Berkeley and then changes to coarse gravel from Berkeley to Dundalk.  Motorized all terrain vehicles are permitted to use the trail from Sunny Valley Road south to Dundalk.  In addition to non-motorized uses, hiking, cycling and equestrian uses are permitted on the trail. 

In order to ride on the Grey County CP Rail Trail from Sunny Valley Road to Dundalk with an ATV you need:
• a license (i.e. be 16+),
• your vehicle needs to be plated,
• you need to have insurance, and
• a permit from the Dufferin Grey ATV Club and you can find out more here:

Snowmobiles must have a permit from Ontario Federation of Snowmobile Clubs District 9 during the winter months.

ATV's and dual sport motorcycles are welcome on select county and municipal roads, as well.  You can view which County roads permit those uses here.  Please check with your local municipality for municipal roads allowances.

Motopark near Williamsford is a motocross training facility and features BMX tracks as well.


Yes, Grey County Forests are a popular destination for hunters during hunting seasons in Ontario. For your own safety and in respect to others, please remember trails are open to everyone to enjoy and it is important to follow proper trail etiquette. Hunting is not permitted in three of our County Forests; Derby, Farden Lake and St. Vincent Forests. Overnight camping is also not permitted in any Grey County Forests. Please remember to follow all Ontario Hunting Regulations and Ministry of Natural Resources (MNR) requirements.


Yes, we would be happy to mail you a Grey County tourism information package.  Just fill out the form here:


Subscribe me to