There’s nothing more magical during the holidays than quaint small towns decked out in twinkling lights and fresh snow. Head to one or all of Grey County’s downtowns for seasonal shopping, tasty treats or to just soak up the sights and sounds of the season. Check this list twice to get your holiday’s started.
This free event* is fun for all ages - featuring the amazing Ultimutts Stunt Dogs performing at Beautiful Joe Park on Canada Day in Meaford, the Home of Beautiful Joe!
Vendors, games, scavenger hunt - even doggie ice cream! Take a tour of Beautiful Joe Park and learn about:
- Beautiful Joe and the author that made him Canada's most Famous Dog
- the vision of the Beautiful Joe Heritage Society - formed 25 years ago in 1994
- the Park, the monuments, and the special people- and animals - who continue to make this place so unique!
This fun event is presented by: Beautiful Joe Heritage Society and the Meaford Public Library.
Donations to Beautiful Joe Heritage Society are appreciated.
Make a day of it in Meaford on Canada Day! The day starts with a Pancake Breakfast and runs right through to fireworks at dusk at the Meaford Harbourfront
- Golden Town Cruisers host a Vintage & Classic Car Show on Bayfield St.
- Kids games & family activities
- traveling Reptile Zoo
- Live music, vendors ... and lots more!