The County has officially proclaimed twenty-twenty as the year to gather. To gather a basket full of local produce, meats, and spirits from a local farm store or market. To gather your friends and family around a big table (or kitchen island), to celebrate each other and the local bounty before you. To gather around a restaurant table and appreciate the love the chefs bring to your plate. It’s the year of you, and your connection to this place through the food you eat and the people you spend time with.
This free event* is fun for all ages - featuring the amazing Ultimutts Stunt Dogs performing at Beautiful Joe Park on Canada Day in Meaford, the Home of Beautiful Joe!
Vendors, games, scavenger hunt - even doggie ice cream! Take a tour of Beautiful Joe Park and learn about:
- Beautiful Joe and the author that made him Canada's most Famous Dog
- the vision of the Beautiful Joe Heritage Society - formed 25 years ago in 1994
- the Park, the monuments, and the special people- and animals - who continue to make this place so unique!
This fun event is presented by: Beautiful Joe Heritage Society and the Meaford Public Library.
Donations to Beautiful Joe Heritage Society are appreciated.
Make a day of it in Meaford on Canada Day! The day starts with a Pancake Breakfast and runs right through to fireworks at dusk at the Meaford Harbourfront
- Golden Town Cruisers host a Vintage & Classic Car Show on Bayfield St.
- Kids games & family activities
- traveling Reptile Zoo
- Live music, vendors ... and lots more!