The general store was once the original big box retailer; only it came complete with gossip and a place to tie up your horse. In Grey County, the general store culture is still thriving today. They have reinvented themselves to be everything a modern retailer cannot be, which makes them so much fun, and delicious.
This free event* is fun for all ages - featuring the amazing Ultimutts Stunt Dogs performing at Beautiful Joe Park on Canada Day in Meaford, the Home of Beautiful Joe!
Vendors, games, scavenger hunt - even doggie ice cream! Take a tour of Beautiful Joe Park and learn about:
- Beautiful Joe and the author that made him Canada's most Famous Dog
- the vision of the Beautiful Joe Heritage Society - formed 25 years ago in 1994
- the Park, the monuments, and the special people- and animals - who continue to make this place so unique!
This fun event is presented by: Beautiful Joe Heritage Society and the Meaford Public Library.
Donations to Beautiful Joe Heritage Society are appreciated.
Make a day of it in Meaford on Canada Day! The day starts with a Pancake Breakfast and runs right through to fireworks at dusk at the Meaford Harbourfront
- Golden Town Cruisers host a Vintage & Classic Car Show on Bayfield St.
- Kids games & family activities
- traveling Reptile Zoo
- Live music, vendors ... and lots more!