Farmers' markets are a big part of Grey County culture. In the time of COVID-19, our producers are still hard at work growing and making fresh, delicious seasonal foods.
This year, markets have had to find new ways to bring all this food to customers. Our market managers and vendors have spent the last couple of months working hard. They've found solutions to get food vendors online and to create safe curbside pickup programs. Every market set up will be a little different, but all markets that are currently open share the Local Line web platform for ordering, thanks to a partnership with the Greenbelt Farmers' Market Network.
Now more than ever, our farms and small businesses need our support, and we appreciate the direct connection to safe and nutritious foods that travel the shortest path to our tables.
Here's what's open, when, and how you can order from your favourite producers.
- Owen Sound: The market is open to the public for shopping starting Saturday, June 27. See the OSFM website for more details about how the market has become COVID-19 compliant. Facebook
- Flesherton: NOW OPEN for in-person shopping or order online for pickup Saturday morning. NEW LOCATION: Leela's Villa Inn parking lot, just south of Flesherton arena on Highway 10. Facebook
- Thornbury: NOW OPEN for in-person shopping or order online for pickup Sunday morning from the market in the lot just east of the Town of the Blue Mountains municipal office. Facebook
- Meaford: order online for pickup Fridays between 3:00pm and 7:00pm. NEW LOCATION: Market Square beside Meaford Hall. Facebook
- Southgate: details to come. Facebook
- Hanover: Eat Well Market is currently on hiatus.
- Keady Market: closed until further notice. Facebook
Market operations are subject to change with updates to provicial and public health recommendations, check Facebook or other social media sources for confirmation. Markets and individual producers who sell from the farm gate can also be found on Grey County's Community and Business Resiliency Map.