June is around the corner, which means locally grown and raised food is everywhere in Grey! Farmers’ markets are a great way for visitors to discover lots of fresh, local foods in one place and to meet the people who grow, raise and make it.
We have six wonderful markets you can visit in Grey.
In June (which is Local Food Week) look for locally-grown asparagus, rhubarb and spring greens plus wild harvested foods like fiddleheads, ramps and mushrooms to get a true taste of early summer. You’ll find them alongside baked goods, seasonal fruits and vegetables, meat, eggs and cheese, sweeteners, prepared foods and more. Many of our markets also include crafts, live music, product demos and children's activities.
Here’s a list of dates and times to help you find the market that’s most convenient for you.
- Flesherton – Saturdays 8am to 1pm
- Hanover – Fridays from 12pm to 4pm
- Keady – Tuesdays from 7am to 1pm: open year ‘round with the 100% Farmers’ Market Area from late May through early October
- Meaford – Fridays 3pm to 7pm
- Owen Sound – open year ‘round Saturdays from 8am to 1pm, with additional seasonal vendors throughout summer and fall
- Thornbury – Sundays 11am to 2pm
Click through the listings for more details about each market. This year, why not make it a challenge to visit every one? Your tastebuds will thank you!