It's safe to say that the holiday season has commenced. With only a couple weeks left until the big day, there is still time to find that locally made gift from one of Grey County's best. Buying local this holiday season is giving back to both you and our small town local businesses. Nothing compares to receiving a thoughtful gift, made right here in Grey County. They are truly one of a kind.
Here is a round up of a few must-haves this season that make for great stocking stuffers, hostess gifts or for someone special who loves all things local.
1. Thornbury Premium Cider - Made right at the core of apple country, The Thornbury Village Cidery makes a legendary craft cider. With over 10 years of good reputation, their products pack a punch. Pick up a 6-pack or visit their brand new cider house and browse their seasonal selection. It's the perfect gift to enjoy fireside while mingling with company. You'll thanks us later! For more information, visit http://thornburycraft.com.
2. Donald's Honey - There is nothing sweeter than locally made raw wildflower honey. Donald's is an Owen Sound fan favourite and is the perfect addition to your morning tea, spiced granola or holiday cheeseboard. They offer various sizes that make for the perfect stocking stuffer. Check out the amazing local retailers here: http://www.donaldshoney.com/honey-locator.html
3. Come To Our Table, South Georgian Bay Community Cookbook - Give the gift of community this Christmas. This cookbook is truly a celebration of all that is local growers, entrepreneurs, chefs, and artists in the Grey & Simcoe regions. Filled with simple recipes, stunning photography and stories of local residents, it's the unique gift you've been looking for. Find the closest retail location at https://sgb.communitycookbook.ca
4. Wooden Goods by The Woodlot - Made from Grey County's own, The Woodlot creates wooden goods out of things they find in their bush lot. From wooden coasters and ornaments to magnets and wooden earrings, they've mastered a beautiful craft that allows us to bring a little bit of nature into our home. Perfect for those with a passion for nature and the outdoors. For more information, visit https://www.thewoodlot.org
5. White Feather Designs Jewellery - You can find a selection of WFD jewelry online or at her store, The Georgian Artisan Shop in Thornbury, Ontario. Owner and designer Breanne Morrow has a knack for curating unique pieces using forms of raw metals and enamels, all made from her farmhouse basement studio. From geometric necklaces and enamel cuffs, to brass studs and zodiac inspired necklaces, her eye for creativity shows in each and every piece. To view more, visit https://white-feather-designs.myshopify.com or visit the shop where you can browse other Canadian made goods.
6. Coffin Ridge Winery Gift Card - This is the ultimate gift for the avid foodie in your life. With this gift card, take advantage of their guided vineyard tour by snowshoe and end the day with wine tasting in their modern yet cozy space. Now that’s a well-spent afternoon. Learn more at https://www.coffinridge.ca.
7. Rocky Run Maple Syrup - This sweet treat is a Canadian staple and everyone should have a bottle in the pantry at all times. Made right here in Grey County, Rocky Run comes from a small family-run sugar shack in the town of Durham, Ontario. With over eighty years of production experience and stunning dark amber hue, they’ve mastered a really great product. It’s the perfect addition to your Christmas morning pancake stacks. Find out where you can pick up a bottle here: http://rockyrun.ca/
8. Amama Skin Care - Nestled in the heart of the Blue Mountains, Margaret, Owner of Amama, is changing the way we treat our skin. Amama offers plant-based skincare products using local, organic and sustainably sourced ingredients. Made with pure essential oils, organically grown blossoms and handmade love, her line of products are both nourishing and gentle on the body. View all products here: https://www.amama.ca
With only a couple weeks left until the big day, there is still time to find that locally made gift from one of Grey County's best!