Find out if you are eligible and what is required to have your business, package or experience listed on VisitGrey.ca
Grey County’s tourism website is an integral resource for visitors looking for information about Grey County and includes features about food & drink, activities, accommodations and other experiences and services. Free business listings on the official tourism web site are available to tourism related businesses. By listing with us, you have the potential to get more awareness for your business, while helping us showcase all that Grey County has to offer. Our tourism marketing campaigns regularly drive people to VisitGrey.ca for more information and the website gets more than 300,000 visits each year.
There is no charge for Grey County tourism industry businesses to be listed on VisitGrey.ca. However, required information must be provided and guidelines met in order for listings to be approved.
All content is reviewed by Economic Development Department staff before going live on the site. In addition, the Economic Development Department reserves the right to approve or decline any business listing request.
Eligibility Criteria for Business Listings
Please read before submitting a business listing
Businesses that meet the following eligibility criteria can add their listing free of charge on VisitGrey.ca:
- You must be open and operational prior to applying for a listing.
- The business/service/activity you are promoting must meet all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws, regulations, by-laws and business requirements, including liability insurance.
- If not open year-round, the tourism business must be open to the public for a minimum of 4 days per week for 13 consecutive weeks between opening and closing.
- Operations that are open by chance or by appointment generally are not able to serve visitor needs and will not be listed.
- The operation must be in a single, fixed location or have defined and published meeting points (e.g. for tour companies).
- You must be open to the general traveling public without restriction (e.g. a membership is not required to visit your tourism business).
- You must provide customers with an easy way to find accurate information about your business, including location and operational details (i.e. a website, social media pages).
- You must update your business listing at least once per calendar year.
Reasons why a listing may not be approved:
- Business is not physically located in Grey County
- Business is not visitor-related
- The required information was not given and/or was incomplete
- Information was not applicable, inappropriate and/or offensive
- Photos are only a logo, a collage of photos, and/or include coupons or offers super-imposed over the photo(s)
Adding an event:
- Business Name
- Business Phone Number and/or Email (the one that you want consumers to use to contact your business. At least one of these contact fields must be completed)
- Location Address (physical street address, including city and postal code)
- Description (maximum of 500 characters: letters, numbers, punctuation, and spaces) – listing must reflect your current tourism offering
- Photos (JPG, GIF or PNG format; max size of 2MB per image; horizontal images sized to 600 w x 450 h px / 6.25 w x 4.687 h inches) work best) – graphics, logos, posters, collages and other similar images will not be approved
- Closest Communities select a) the primary community based on the physical location of your business b) the three closest communities located near your business (includes your primary community)
- Website (if you do not have a consumer facing website for your business, you can use your businesses Facebook or Instagram page)
- Business Email (the one that you want consumers to use to contact your business)
- Amenities (choose all that are applicable to your business)
- Social Links (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TripAdvisor and/or YouTube)
Need help? Contact the Economic Development Department at (519) 376-3365 ext. 6102 or firstname.lastname@example.org.